What's it all about?
Dashville Skyline - Cosmic Country Weekender is a super laid back, family friendly, music festival, held at Belford in the Hunter Valley over 3 days, the (Labour Day) Long weekend September 28-30 September 2018.
Escape to the Hunter Valley countryside and wallow in a laid back music festival full of quality country music in its varying forms from all around the world.
A tribute to the traditional art of songwriting by some of todays best songwriters.
It's a showcase of the roots of "alternative country music", from its beginnings in the '60s and '70s to its widespread influence on today's performing artists.
The 2018 festival will be the fourth instalment of this growing event.
You can come visit for the day, or camp onsite for 1,2 or 3 days. Various entry options exist, in an effort to make it achievable for all to experience a slice of Dashville magic. See the ticketing page for a more detailed run down on ticket types and prices.
An incredible seed has been planted with Dashville Skyline. Since its inception in 2015, the artists, the food, the audience, the collaborations, the friendships. They've all engrained themselves in the Hunter's finest musical soil, Dashville and built a remarkable weekend escape for those free enough to pack the camping gear and roll on up.
We hope you can share in the pleasure of such a cool little country music and culture festival.
It matters little if you're a musical superstar or a musical muppet, what matters is that you're willing to sign up for an awesome weekend away in the bush, kicking back with friends and family, supporting quality live original music and chowing down on the best food and booze money can buy.
Along with the music will come the culture surrounding it: the food, the beer, the cow-lickin', the markets, the cars/bikes and more. All pieces combined, this festival is super chilled and something incredibly special for the whole family to enjoy.
The Dashville team are on to it, so please grab your tickets and get ready for a great weekend in the bush at Belford.
EVENT RUNNING TIMES
For this festival you can purchase 'PER DAY' Ticket(s) for one or two days, or if wanting the whole 3 day experience, purchase a slightly cheaper 'FULL EVENT' ticket.
Please see hours of operation below.
Friday, September 28, 2018
- Campground is open for arrivals from 10am, Friday, September 28
- The festival arena and bar will open at midday.
- Live music will commence from 2pm
- Festival, music and bars close at 12 midnight.
- Please note, you will have to BYO breakfast into your campsite if you are only operating a Friday pass, no Saturday morning arena entry permitted with the Friday ticket.
- Ticket upgrades will be available at entry to arena, unless sold out prior.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
- Campground opens for new arrivals from 9am on Saturday, September 29, 2018
- Arena open from 8am. Breakfast in there will be amazing. Bar Open at 11am, last drinks 11.30pm.
- Please note, you will not be permitted entry into arena unless you have an entry ticket for the Saturday. (This can be via a valid day pass or Full Weekend Pass.)
- Live Music and other activities scheduled from 9am until 12 midnight
Sunday, September 30th, 2018
- Sunday music kicks off around 9am, and will run on all stages up until 11pm.
- Bar Open 11am, last drinks 11.30pm
- In the past the Sunday was a half day, with an additional optional Sunday Wind Down. Please note this year the Sunday is a full day of programmed events.
- Punters without a Sunday ticket are not eligible to enter the arena at any point on the Sunday morning.
- Monday morning breakfast will be available for purchase in the arena for all onsite.
View Ticket Prices
Visit the ticketing page for a listing of all ticket prices.
Simple Pleasures - GLAMPING
No need to find a spot and set up your tent, or worry about pack up when you leave.
This easy and luxurious glamping option takes the hassle out of your Dashville Skyline stay if you're not a seasoned camper
Glamping option includes: 5m Bell Tent, Persian carpet, beds made up with fresh linen, bedding and pillows, bamboo patio matting, outdoor table and chairs and solar lighting.
Sunset Super Round returns
Around sunset on Saturday, a bunch of artists performing the festival will be coming together for a massive spectacle known as the 'Sunset Super Round'. A songwriter in the round/jam-type scenario where artists come together to perform live their choice of one of the greatest songs of all time.
These songs are going to be recorded live and then at the end of the festival, we're going to give them back to all ticket holders to enjoy as many times as you like. How cool is that!
You can get involved soon by voting for your favourite songs from the '60s and '70s. Every person that selects their favourite songs, will go into the draw to win a Gretsch guitar, signed by all the artists at the festival! Stay tuned for when we announce voting open!
Dashville Skyline features around 40 individual performances by different acts over the 3 day weekend.
Aside from the Sunset Super Round, which you can read about above and listen below, we're excited about the best start to the day you can ever have... Dashville mornings on the porch are what day dreams are made of.
I think we can all agree, the food at a festival has to be amazing.
We work with some of the best in the business. 2018 FOOD STALLS will be revealed soon... Prepare your taste buds, its going to be a journey.
Two fully stocked live-in-cause-its-so-comfortable bars onsite serving a range of American and American influenced ales, spirits and cocktails. Australian wine will hold fort, as arguably our wine is better.
Of course the music is high on the agenda, but its not everything, that's for sure... Particularly those with young ones, Dashville packs a lot into its paddock for both young and old.
Take a stroll through the quaint yet supreme Dashville County Fair... visit the petting zoo, led by the famous Hamish the llama, loads of lawn games, morning yoga and more!
LIVE RECORDING STUDIO!
You may have sat in on it last year, but let it be known, that after the success of last year, we'll be bringing back the Pop Up Recording Studio, so prepare your chops!
The festival is held 2 hours north of Sydney, 45 minutes west of Newcastle, at Belford in the Hunter Valley, NSW. It's obviously easy to drive from either of these cities. If coming interstate, Newcastle Airport is your best option. If in need of travel assistance, please hit us up via email or perhaps try the Facebook event page community.
IMPORTANT RULES - Terms & Conditions
Please read these carefully, some of these are standard terms for Dashville, some are new, so make sure you take note and pass this information on to all in your party.
- NO GLASS
- NO PETS
- NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE BYO INTO ARENA (BYO alcohol allowed in campground - but no glass)
- NO DIPSHITS OR DIPSHIT-ISH BEHAVIOUR. We at Dashville pride ourselves on hosting events full of considerate, consciencious good folk, which always guarantees a good time for everyone else. Let's keep it this way.
- NO AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR (See above policy on dipshits).
- NO FIREWORKS OR EXPLOSIVES
- NO LOUD MUSIC IN CAMPGROUND
- NO EXCESSIVE NOISE AFTER MIDNIGHT
- NO PERSONAL FIRES
- NO LITTERING
- NO UNDERAGE DRINKING
- NO INTOXICATION
- NO DRUGS, WEAPONS OR CONTRABAND
- UPON ENTRY - All vehicles will be subject to a search prior to entry to the festival campgrounds.
- GAS BOTTLES - will be checked by security and must in suitable condition with valid service date to be permitted into campground. All compressed cylinders require responsible use at all times.
Basically these days if you think its illegal or not allowed, it probably isn't. If there is anything unclear or something you are not sure about, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
Festival Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry or evict any person at any time for any of the above breaches. Any person caught behaving in a threatening, malicious or inappropriate manner (aggressive, riotous, abusive, or insulting actions) towards other patrons or event staff or equipment, will result in the permanent removal of the patron from the site and possible referal to police for prosecution.
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Dashville Skyline BYO booze like The Gum Ball?
Not quite. Unlike The Gum Ball, you can't bring your own food or alcohol into the arena. You can still have your own food and alcohol in the campground though, but glass is still strictly prohibited.
Do you have showering amenities?
We have a large block of private shower cubicles to cater to the needs of all campers and there are always a sufficient number of portaloos within the arena and campgrounds.
Can we bring deckchairs?
Yes, deckchairs and picnic blankets are allowed and encouraged.
Is the property wheelchair-friendly?
Yes, the campground is flat and the main arena gently undulates. We have had wheelchair-bound music lovers visit in the past and they’ve had an excellent time.
Is there a limit on the size of campervans and caravans?
At this time there is no limit on the size of campervans and caravans. The campground is expansive but is at the mercy of the natural vegetation. If you and your friends have large campervans and would like to be parked next to each other, we recommend getting to Dashville as soon as gates open, as our policy is first-in-best-dressed. Early campers get the best spots.
Can we park next to our tent/campsite?
Yes, provided there is room. The campground has a first-in-best-dressed policy, so get there early to ensure the set-up you’re after. We also ask campers to respect that a large number of people need to squeeze in, so don’t take up any more space than necessary.
Can I bring my own generator?
Small generators are permitted but please be respectful of your fellow patrons in regards to noise. Switch off the genny when others are trying to sleep.
CAN'T FIND YOUR ANSWER?
Or you would like to ask us a particular question, feel free to shoot us an email via the contact page. We'll endeavour to get back to you asap.