Take your dad to Dashville
We're hosting a classic Father's Day with...
Dashville's social fabric has always been about families.
We're a family property and our festivals over the last 15 years have seen young families grow together, taking in incredible music and making special memories.
So it makes perfect sense that we open our hallowed grounds this Father's Day, Sunday, September 1, 2019, for what we're calling, Dad's Day Out.
Dad's Day Out is designed with the ultimate goal in mind... To relax and enjoy a fun lazy day with the family. The kind of day you don't always get!
The run down....
Load your family wagon and come join us for an incredibly fun day out at Dashville.
The day will kick off with Daddy's Little Hawaiian Breakfast from 8am.
Firmly considered more Hawaiian than most breakfasts in Australia on this day, due to the fact that your legendary Dashville breakfast, will be enjoyed alongside the cool sounds of steel guitar Hawaiian instrumental act The High Andies, who'll kick things off from 9am. Expect great coffee and plenty of good tucker for all desires.
Then from 11am comes the main event, The Inaugural Dashville Dad Olympics.
We'll have a range of activities played out across the paddock, designed to test Dad, (and anybody else who wants a go). There'll be heats running through from 11am, with finals kicking off at 2pm. There'll be winners, there'll be near winners, there'll be some cool prizes. Its going to be a blast and you won't have to sweat unless you really want to!
These are the tests we consider gruelling for the inaugural Dad Olympics.
- Beer Flavour Guessing
- Putt Putt hole-in-one
- Fishing Rod Casting Precision
- Boil The Billy Race
- Dad's Ultimate Obstacle Course
- Best Dad Joke
Keep in mind, all this Sunday fun is following on from the Saturday evening in the Tractor Shed, where we host a special edition of Dashville Nights featuring legendary Australian songwriter, Ben Salter.
More info here.
If you're up for making a weekend of it, coming along Saturday night to watch Ben Salter. A discount weekend bundle is available here for both adults and children.
- Dad's Day Out is split into two, with the Hawaiian breakfast and then the Dad Olympics from 11am.
- If youre unable to make breakfast but would like to part of the olympics which kick off at 11am, you can select the Olympics only option.
- Dad won't need any special equiment for the olympics, its all supplied. Â Just need to bring himself and his competitor edge.
- Kids are welcome to bring additional games, bikes, scooters etc if desired.
- Dad's Day Out is an equal rights event and therefore all entrants are accepted into the olympics regardless of gender.
- We will obviously have to omit the challenges involving freshly poured beer for the youngsters..
We hope you can join us!