Due to COVID -19 The Gum Ball will now return 16-18 April, 2021.
Well, we did our best to try and bring you something in 2020 to make up for the loss of The Gum Ball in April due to COVID 19, however, we know when we've been beat. But it's ok, becasue it gives us extra time to plan something extra special for 2021.Ticketholders to The Gum Ball 2020 will recieve a transfer of credit over to The Gum Ball 2021 and have been contacted regarding this via email from Humanitix.
See the FAQ's info below for more info on the changes.
In the meantime, we've all got extra time to load up the caravan, pack the swags, pick out our Op Shop Bop outfits and get ready for the triumphant return of The Gum Ball, 16th, 17th & 18th April 2021.
For general event info, scroll to the bottom of this page for an additional FAQ's section.
FAQS regarding changes to The Gum Ball 2020
1. What is happening to The Gum Ball 2020?
As a result of the ban on public gatherings due to COVID-19, we have had to make the decision to hold off on the return of Gum Ball until 2021. We had originally intended on merging The Gum Ball with it's sister event Dashville Skyline to create a 5 day mega festival called The Sky Ball on the October Long Weekend 2020, however, due to continuing uncertainty with COVID-19 restrictions, The Sky Ball will not be able to take place as originally intended.
The next Gum Ball will now take place in its original format on 16th, 17th and 18th April, 2021.
2. What happens with my ticket now?
If you purchased tickets to The Gum Ball 2020, you would have already either received a transfer to The Sky Ball, or The Gum Ball 2021.
If you received a transfer to The Sky Ball, all monies spent will now go into a credit voucher which you can use for a range of Dashville events, including The Gum Ball 2021, Thrashville, Dashville Nights and the new version of Sky Ball once tickets are on sale. This will mean you will need to purchase tickets again to Gum Ball 2021 if you wish to use your credit there.
If you already transferred your ticket to The Gum Ball 2021, you're sitting pretty and there's nothing further you need to do.
3. The new dates don’t work for me, what are my options, can I get a refund?
Initially back at the start of the COVID -19 restrictions we had suggested we could do refunds for The Gum Ball 2020 and we did quite a few, but unfortunately we exhausted our ability to provide any further refunds. It's a tricky situation that we're all in, but because we want to be here when its all blown over, we are now urging people to hold on to their ticket purchases as credit for whatever future Dashville event they desire such as new version of The Sky Ball, Thrashville 2021 or the myriad of Hunter Tent Stay/Dashville Nights weekends.
If this doesn't suit, you're also welcome to transfer your ticket credit into another person's name if you wish to on-sell. Given we've all been starved of events for most of the year, we're confident The Gum Ball 2021 and other Dashville events will be highly sought after.
We're always open to discussion - please contact us on email@example.com
4. Will Gum Ball 2021 be 5 days?
No The Gum ball will return to its original format of 3 days, over the last weekend of the April school holidays, in 2021.
5. What’s happening with The Sky Ball?
Once we know exactly what Sky Ball will be, we will let you know. We are holding out for further announcements from the Aus government regarding gatherings before we commit to any particular format or capacity.
At this stage we are hoping that we can have anywhere between 100 and 500 people over 2-3 days, with a bunch of bands and fun, all whilst abiding by any social gathering laws that apply at that time. Being agile, flexible event peoples, we'll be ready to pounce with something special as soon as we get the green light. The Sky Ball tickets will first become available to all persons who had purchased Sky Ball tickets.
6. Do I get any type of special dibs on the new version of Sky Ball?
If you purchased Sky Ball tickets, you will get first dibs on tickets for the new priced event. Those who were transferred to Sky Ball will get second dibs. Those who don’t have prior credit will get an option to buy tickets if any are available at that stage.
7. Can I use partial credit on events? What if the tickets I want end up to be more than my available credit?
Yes, you can use your credit however you like, and your voucher amount will update as you spend. Likewise for any purchase shortfall you can apply additional funds.
8. How long do I have to make a decision on using my credit voucher?
There will need to be a window period for using credit for events such as Sky Ball and Dashville NIghts, as we anticipate they will be restricted in capacity. We will advise of that as info is released on those particular events. However you can hold onto your credit for the next 2 years if you like.
9. Can I change the names on my ticket transfers?
Yes, you can change names any tickets, simply following Humanitix procedures.
10. The tickets I bought to Gum Ball 2020 were Early Bird tickets, can I still transfer to 2021 at the same price?
Yes all Early bird ticket buyers, if you wish to spend your credit on Gum Ball 2021, we will ensure you can get Gum Ball 2021 tickets for the same price, via a special discount code. Please get in contact if you have not been given a code at the time tickets become available.
11. Can I use my credit for Merch or other Dashville presented events?
Not at this stage. Your credit is embedded in the Humanitix system, it is not a transferable credit system.
12. Will The Gum Ball 2021 have the same program as 2020?
As much as we would love to be able to pick up everything we had in place for The Gum Ball 2020, and transfer it to the 2021 event, this is going to be a challenge. We're working through the change with all performers and suppliers and so far it's looking pretty similar but no doubt due to the amount of postponements and future planning that goes into a touring act, some will not be able to make it. Rest assured we will be securing equally brilliant replacements for those who can’t make it.
The Gum Ball 2021 will still feature Gummy staples like the silent disco, op shop bop and an eclectic mix of bands, plus a whole bunch of extra special features taking place around the site. We will be posting more information on the program a little further down the track - we appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through it.
13. Will it be BYO at The Gum Ball 2021?
Yes, BYO will return to The Gum Ball in 2021. Please note as in previous years, quanity restrictions apply to BYO alcohol in the campground, as well as alcohol brought into the arena. Dashville's bar, The Bird Bath will swing it's doors open once again for a range of quality tap beers, local wines, spirits and of course, cocktails, for something extra spesh.
14. I need some more info - how do I get this?
If you can’t find your answer in the section above or in the general Gum Ball event FAQ's below, feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst your questions are warranted, please appreciate our world is in a bit of a spin too since this forced change in plans.. We're working through it though and it's coming together well, it just may take us a minute to get back to you here and there.
We’ll be posting more and more info as we collate. We are also endeavouring to respond to your questions, whether individually or through public announcements as soon as we have the answer.
Thanks for patience and understanding,
Team Dashville x
The Gum Ball will make it's triumphant return to Dashville on 16th, 17th and 18th April 2021. Hooray!
The Gum Ball
Following some pretty awesome weekends in front of capacity audiences in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, The Gum Ball music and arts festival will return for its 15th instalment from April 24 to April 26, 2020.
The three-day boutique camping festival tucked away at Dashville, a secluded property at Belford in the Hunter Valley NSW, is considered one of Australia’s greatest family friendly BYO, camping festivals.
It really is the perfect festival for those that may have given up on festivals, whether it be because you felt too old, society scared you or whether having kids makes it difficult. People have discovered this little gem as the answer to ease back into the game. Ask anyone that has been and they'll tell you just how achievable it really is.
The Gum Ball has a reputation for inviting some of the country’s most popular acts to perform alongside their pick of the best emerging performers from around Australia and overseas.
A bit of a "proving ground" you might say, where legends like Hoodoo Gurus, Polish Club, Magic Dirt, Tex Perkins, Tumbleweed, Red Gum, Sampa the Great and Custard play alongside artists on their way up, like The Preatures, and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard.
The Gum Ball mixes musical genres and styles, from rock and soul, through to hip-hop, country and in between, over two stages, side by side, to create a flowing festival feast of music and dance, where you don't have to do much else other than reach into the esky for another tin.
The festival has reached capacity the last three years in a row and is anticipated to sell out once again in 2020. The first line-up will appear in the coming month.
Along with its musical element, The Gum Ball also offers gourmet food and market stalls, kids crèche, yoga, skate demos, workshops, live art and a very popular late night silent disco.
Tickets include Friday arrival and Saturday arrival tickets for adults, youths, children and pensioners, available until sold out.
- Who's Playing? - there's a weekend of world-class music. Check out the who's playing page, playing times will be out closer to the event date.
- Children's Activities? The festival hosts a range of exciting workshops, performances and play facilities over the weekend. There is a dedicated kids play zone next to the skate park. We pride the festival on being very family orientated, but please note you still need to supervise your young ones.
- Visual Arts Program - The Gum Ball embraces as much art as possible. In 2021 we are excited to be unleashing even more live art upon perplexed eye balls and bended minds. If you feel you have something to offer and would like to get involved with our visual arts program, its never too late until its over, send your enquiry through to email@example.com
- Stallholders - For all stallholder, performing artist, sponsorship, or volunteer enquiries, please visit the contact us page. Performing artist applications are now closed.
- Tickets are available through Dashville's online store. The Gum Ball has reached capacity every year since 2012, so probably best not to fluff around too much.
- BYO Food and Beverages - Despite the fact we have a super awesome bar full of great booze and lots of tasty food stalls, at this festival you can bring your own food and drinks. Though please know and respect our biggest rule, GLASS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Please do not bring any form of glass into the festival. Basically this is the bush and broken glass does not breakdown, your one slip up can cause long term grief for not only children and animals, but perhaps even your own face.
- Camping particulars - the campground is located directly outside and around the arena, so its a simple case of walking from your campsite through the gate and into the arena. At worst case this could be up to 200m if you're camped at the extremity of the campground. You are allowed to bring whatever camp set up that suits your group or person, though we ask that you consider not taking up too much space if it is not necessary. There are some restrictions on large caravans due to the amount of vegetation, please read the point below in regards to this. Vans over 20ft need to be registered, to ensure suitable space is available.
The 16 Year History
Some people will relate to the feeling. Waking up to an unsurpassable bolt of morning epiphany. An idea that appears from seemingly nowhere, so strong and achievable, no cons, its more a less a perfect realisation of your future direction. Sometimes it can be as simple as what you’re going to cook for breakfast or do next week, in this case it was slightly more involved. Read on below...