The Gum Ball is in preparation for 2020! We hope to see you when it all goes down again... 24-26 April 2020!
There's a wealth of handy info here as you scroll down, including some helpful FAQs at the bottom of the page. Happy reading!
A supreme three-day music and arts festival held at ‘Dashville' Belford, Hunter Valley, NSW
Where: ’Dashville’ Belford, Hunter Valley, NSW
When: 24 - 26 April 2020
Gates Open: 12pm midday
Arena opens: 2pm
Main stage kick off: 3pm
Live Music close: 12am
ANZAC Day Tribute - 7am
Front Gates Open: 9am
Arena opens: when you wake up
Yoga, brekky tunes and various other kickstarting things: from 8am
Main stage kick off: 9am
Live Music close: 12am
Silent Disco: until 3am
Arena Open when you wake up
Appropriate Live Music on the porch from 8am
Grab an awesome breakfast and chill out.
Festival Close: 1pm
Suss out the Sunday night stay option below if you want to stick around.
Sunday Wind Down
Extra night of camping and music
The Sunday Wind Down is an optional extra ticket for those that want to kick on for a chilled "after party" style evening. Some extra tunes and an ease out of a huge weekend.
Starts at 2pm and runs until 10pm. The Sunday Wind Down is NOT included in your festival tickets, it is an extra ticket. Adults $40, under-18s $20, under-6s free.
2020 FESTIVAL PROGRAM - COMING SOON
Playing times and full program likely to land here in late February.
SUNDAY NIGHT WIND DOWN OPTION
This is an ADDITIONAL NIGHT CAMPING FOR LIMITED CAPACITY.
For those who wish to stay at Dashville a little longer, we'll have some more live music, dinner available to purchase and the bar will be open for business. Bloody lovely way to ease out of it all.
All pricing info is on the ticketing page. This option sells fast, so please be quick if wanting to stick around that little bit longer.
MARKETS, BEERS, YOGA, you name it..
There's lots of different stuff happening at Gum Ball, the best part about it though, is there is only ever just enough so that you don't feel like your missing out on anything. No overlaps, no line ups, no hassles, no worries.
There's great food options for all diets, a licensed bar, undercover spaces to chill, markets to peruse, kids workshops, circus activities, a skate ramp, and morning yoga. The family can stick together or dart off in different directions. All in one big shady open arena, with easy view of the stage from every angle, it's all good!
We're always sure to have a stellar range of market stalls too - something for people of all ages.
KIDS CRECHE - Child Minding Service
We trialled it last year, and it was definitely feasible, so The Gum Ball will once again operate a night time day care centre for children BETWEEN 3 AND 13 YEARS on Friday and Saturday nights. We'll have a big tent at one end of the arena, with lots of great activities, stretcher beds and qualified child care workers ready to do their thing.
Tickets for this service will be $45 per child per night. Operating hours are generally 7pm through to 11.30pm. All bookings will be contacted prior to the festival to confirm arrangements.
The Gum Ball
Following some pretty awesome weekends in front of capacity audiences in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, The Gum Ball music and arts festival will return for its 15th instalment from April 24 to April 26, 2020.
The three-day boutique camping festival tucked away at Dashville, a secluded property at Belford in the Hunter Valley NSW, is considered one of Australia’s greatest family friendly BYO, camping festivals.
It really is the perfect festival for those that may have given up on festivals, whether it be because you felt too old, society scared you or whether having kids makes it difficult. People have discovered this little gem as the answer to ease back into the game. Ask anyone that has been and they'll tell you just how achievable it really is.
The Gum Ball has a reputation for inviting some of the country’s most popular acts to perform alongside their pick of the best emerging performers from around Australia and overseas.
A bit of a "proving ground" you might say, where legends like Hoodoo Gurus, Polish Club, Magic Dirt, Tex Perkins, Tumbleweed, Red Gum, Sampa the Great and Custard play alongside artists on their way up, like The Preatures, and King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard.
The Gum Ball mixes musical genres and styles, from rock and soul, through to hip-hop, country and in between, over two stages, side by side, to create a flowing festival feast of music and dance, where you don't have to do much else other than reach into the esky for another tin.
The festival has reached capacity the last three years in a row and is anticipated to sell out once again in 2020. The first line-up will appear in the coming month.
Along with its musical element, The Gum Ball also offers gourmet food and market stalls, kids crèche, yoga, skate demos, workshops, live art and a very popular late night silent disco.
Tickets include Friday arrival and Saturday arrival tickets for adults, youths, children and pensioners, available until sold out.
- Who's Playing? - there's a weekend of world-class music. Check out the who's playing page, playing times will be out very soon.
- Children's Activities? The festival hosts a range of exciting workshops, performances and play facilities over the weekend. There is a dedicated kids play zone next to the skate park. We pride the festival on being very family orientated, but please note you still need to supervise your young ones.
- Visual Arts Program - The Gum Ball embraces as much art as possible. In 2020 we are excited to be unleashing even more live art upon perplexed eye balls and bended minds. If you feel you have something to offer and would like to get involved with our visual arts program, its never too late until its over, send your enquiry through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stallholders - For all stallholder, performing artist, sponsorship, or volunteer enquiries, please visit the contact us page. Performing artist applications are now closed.
- Tickets are available through Dashville's online store. The Gum Ball has reached capacity every year since 2012, so probably best not to fluff around too much.
- BYO Food and Beverages - Despite the fact we have a super awesome bar full of great booze and lots of tasty food stalls, at this festival you can bring your own food and drinks. Though please know and respect our biggest rule, GLASS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Please do not bring any form of glass into the festival. Basically this is the bush and broken glass does not breakdown, your one slip up can cause long term grief for not only children and animals, but perhaps even your own face.
- Camping particulars - the campground is located directly outside and around the arena, so its a simple case of walking from your campsite through the gate and into the arena. At worst case this could be up to 200m if you're camped at the extremity of the campground. You are allowed to bring whatever camp set up that suits your group or person, though we ask that you consider not taking up too much space if it is not necessary. There are some restrictions on large caravans due to the amount of vegetation, please read the point below in regards to this. Vans over 20ft need to be registered, to ensure suitable space is available.
The 16 Year History
Some people will relate to the feeling. Waking up to an unsurpassable bolt of morning epiphany. An idea that appears from seemingly nowhere, so strong and achievable, no cons, its more a less a perfect realisation of your future direction. Sometimes it can be as simple as what you’re going to cook for breakfast or do next week, in this case it was slightly more involved. Read on below...